What's Hot in the Delaware / South Jersey Area
Last week we published the Top 10 Beginner Country Line Dances that are being done on a regular basis and taught by instructors in our area. We recognize that these aren't necessarily those being done in other areas, but we figured that just maybe the list would help out those new to line dancing have a place to start. Feedback was overwhelmingly positive, but several asked us to develop a similar list with intermediate dances for those with more experience.
With that in mind we went back to our trusty pool of local instructors and once again polled them, asking for their favorite intermediate line dances. So here's the list ranked from those most frequently mentioned to least frequent, along with links to instructional videos to help you along. At the end we've listed those who participated, linked to their social media profiles so you can connect with them. Have fun and keep dancing!
1. Ain't Misbehavin' - 48 ct 4 wall Intermediate Line Dance by Guyton Mundy, Jo Thompson Szymanski and Amy Glass. Music is Misbehavin' by Pentatonix. Step Sheet
2. Confidence - 64 ct 4 wall phrased AB Intermediate Line Dance by Eric Mosley. Music is Confident by Demi Lovato. 2 tags and 1 restart. Step Sheet
3. Four On The Floor - 48 ct 4 wall Intermediate line dance by Matt Thompson and Mishi Ziminski. One tag. Music: Four On The Floor by Lee Brice. Step Sheet
4. Last Night In Texas - 32 ct 4 wall low intermediate line dance by Guyton Mundy. Music: Last Night In Texas by Mikel Knight. One easy restart. Step Sheet
5. Out Like That - 48 ct 4 wall Intermediate Line Dance by Trevor Thornton. Music: Goin' Out Like That by Reba McIntire (Bummerman remix). One easy restart. Step Sheet
6. Ain't Too Cool - 32 ct 4 wall Improver Line Dance by Trevor Thornton, Brandon Roman and Brandon Swift. Music is Ain't Too Cool by Lunchmoney Lewis. One easy tag. Step Sheet
7. Blue Lights Chasing - 24 ct 4 wall Intermediate/Advanced Line Dance by Joey Warren. Music is We Went by Randy Houser. One 8 ct tag and one restart. Step Sheet
8. Cake By The Ocean - 64 ct 2 wall Intermediate Line Dance by Maie Kaasik. Music is Cake By The Ocean by DNCE. Step Sheet
9. Me And Johnny Cash - 64 count / 4 wall linedance.Taught by Barry Amato. Song by Rainey Qualley - Me and Johnny Cash Step Sheet
10. Super Clap - Sorry. Could only find a video for this
Other dances that were mentioned included: 50 Ways, Asking Questions, Back Roads Bump, Beautiful Drug, Caliente, Caught In The Act, Chill Factor, Crazy Foot Mambo, Double D. Eight Second Ride, Ex's and Ohs, Funk You Up, Kick A Little Dirt, Live It Loud, Mars Attacks, Mr. Pinstripe, No Vacancy, She's So Hott, Shotgun Mambo, Somewhere With You, Space Jam, Stompin' Out A Rhythym, Stretch Your Legs, Sugar Honey I.T., Sweet Revenge, and You Can't Stop Me.
Many thanks to the local instructor who participated including Patti Nivens Leathers, Steve Pistoia, Rob Holley, Eric Mosley, and Jen Tunis.
We hope you enjoyed this little effort, and hope to see some of you on the dance floor. As always, thanks for reading, and if you want to keep up with us and all the news in our line dancing world please give a like to Dora and Gary's Line Dancing Page on Facebook. If you have a dance that's hot in your area that we haven't included let us know! We'd love to learn it!- Dora and Gary
|Dora and Gary|